At Premier Eyecare Optometric Center, we believe strongly in giving back to the community and caring for the eyes of all those in need. Outreach programs represent an opportunity to show the community the level of commitment our optometrists have to their community. The staff also plays an important role in community outreach.
Our offices proudly participate in the following iniatives as well as other charitable services. Please visit the charities we support and find out how you can help.
- Optometry Giving Sight & World Sight Day providing Platinum Level support of charity that provides eye care and glasses in underprivileged countries.
- California Vision Project. Provides free eye care and vision correction to the underserved in our Kern County Community
- Lion's Club Eyeglass Recycling Program.
- Optometry Cares Foundation.
- We also support numerous local school programs, Kern County Livestock shows, and justserve.org.
What is World Sight Day?
Optometry Giving Sight is the only global fundraising initiative that specifically targets the prevention of blindness and impaired vision due to uncorrected refractive error – simply the need for an eye exam and a pair of glasses.
More than 600 million people around the world are blind or vision impaired because they do not have access to the eye examination and glasses they need. Your donations allow Optometry Giving Sight to fund the solution by supporting programs that train local eye care professionals and establish vision centers for sustainability to deliver eye care and low cost glasses.